Professional Supervision - Community of Practice
“Communities of practice are groups of people who share a concern, a set of problems, or a passion about a topic, and who deepen their knowledge and expertise in this area by interacting on an ongoing basis.” ― Etienne Wenger
Michelle is extremely excited to be establishing a community of practice for those who have completed her professional and clinical supervision training to continue to integrate and embed learning.
High quality supervision supports the health and community workforce to navigate today’s complex workplace environment, experiencing unprecedented change and challenge. Best practice supervision supports our workforce to deliver premium and innovative services through a strong learning culture and responding well to the challenges the healthcare context creates.
Recognising that integrating supervisory skills is an ongoing process, Michelle has established a unique opportunity for committed supervisors to continue to hone their skills and practice wisdom.
Is this for me?
• Are you committed to integrating best practice in supervision?
• Do you have ongoing learning goals in professional supervision?
• Are you interested in joining a professional group willing to share experience and learning?
The professional supervision community of practice will provide participants with:
• Opportunities for shared learning, discussion and reflection
• Deepening learning gained through the program to a more advanced level
• Provide opportunities for Q & A
• Reflecting on the workplace challenges of building a learning culture
• Time for trouble shooting common supervision challenges and dilemmas.
Expert professional supervisors contribute to the workplace through:
• Building best practice clinical and professional skills
• Developing self-directed learners
• Supporting employees with the emotional wear and tear of their work
• Amplifying workforce capacity, talent and potential
• Assisting with workplace wellbeing and burnout prevention
• Supporting career development and sustainability which is vital at this time of system-wide disruptions to the healthcare and community sector context.
This community of practice is for supervisors who have completed Michelle’s professional supervision training and are keen to continue to actively invest in the development of their supervisory skills and support the integration of best practice supervision within their workplace.
Dates and fees:
4 x 1 hour online sessions
LIVE ONLINE VIA ZOOM
August 31st 2020
September 28th 2020
October 26th 2020
November 23rd 2020
Fee: $200+ GST = $220
To register and pay for the community of practice, please click the Register Here button below.
Fees can be paid by
Invoice your Workplace
Direct Deposit - If you chose this option, please proceed using the Pay Now option in the registration form and select manual payment.
Select 'Pay Now' when completing the form after choosing your desired date and a link will pop up to our store for your workshop ticket, please remember to complete and submit the form after following the link to the store.
Sessions: Aug - Nov 2020
Once your registration and payment is received and processed, you will receive an email confirmation within a few days, including zoom log in details.
A tax invoice receipt will be emailed as soon as payment is made or processed.
Certificates of attendance will be emailed within a week of each session.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if there are any issues with the website, payment/checkout.
You may call between 9.30 and 3pm Mon - Friday and pay by credit card over the phone if you prefer or if you have any issues with the online form.
Cancellations may be received in writing up to 2 weeks ahead.
If you need to cancel up until that time, you will receive a refund, less a 20 % processing fee.
If you are unable to attend the workshop, you are welcome to pass on your place to a colleague.
You are very welcome to share the learnings from my training in your local workplace to upskill the capability of the workforce, in a way that respects my copyright and intellectual property.
However please be aware that this does not give anyone permission to use my training program and resources for commercial purposes.
Limited scholarship places are available for all workshops. Michelle understands that for many reasons people find themselves in challenging financial positions and she would like to be able to support access to high quality training.
Please email Rita at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or should you have any further questions.